Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Here Comes the Bride...

While Jason and I were living in Shepperton we spent a lot of time with an old friend of mine that I had lost contact with, Kate Egan and her husband to be Andrew. She asked me to be her bridesmaid in August and I accepted with pleasure.

So at the beginning of August I headed back to the UK to attend Kate and Andrew's wedding. Jason couldn't come with me because we had to spend his flight money on my flight back to the UK for my Nan's funeral.

Kate looked absolutely amazing in her dress and
Andrew looked OK too!

I spent the night at Kate's mum and dad's house
the night before and we sat up and talked and
had a few glasses of wine... needless to say the
morning of the wedding, we were a little bit
'wobbly'!

Kate was a bit anxious so we gave her a few Vodka's to help settle her nerves! We all got our make-up done by a friend of Kate's who did an
amazing job! I actually looked like a girl for once!
There were 4 bridesmaids, Andrew's sister
Sophie, 2 of Kate's police friends and myself.


The wedding was held at Pembroke Lodge in Richmond Park and it was great. One of the comments made by an on-looker in the park was from a little girl who said "She looks just like a princess".


The wedding was a civil ceremony in the lodge. Once
the ceremony was over it was outside for
123 photos! It took a while but it was fun. Everyone was watching us while we had them taken.

Then it was inside for a yummy dinner of
Lamb, potatoes and veggies and, of course, a few drinks!

The speeches were great. Andrew's speech was hilarious... although he did spill the beans about some events from the Stag weekend that I'm not sure everyone was supposed to know!

Once the dinner was packed away everyone got down and partied. We all spent the evening getting down and boogying to a numbers of absolute smashers of songs. I spent the evening with the teachers that I worked with at Ash Tech in Ashford. We had a great night and it was so nice to see them all again. I am really glad that they were at the wedding.

My mum and dad arrived at the evening celebration and we got to party too. I think we headed home in the early hours of the morning.

I think I pretty much slept the next day... I do remember that it took me a while to find all the hair pins that were in my hair as well as wash out all the hairspray!!

No comments: