Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Preparing for our new addition

Kale's room is finally finished! Hip Hip Hooray for that! I am knackered!
I painted her room in a light brown colour that matches her bedding perfectly. I love it!

This is her lovely cot! We got the cot for free! Can you believe it! Our neighbour was giving it away so we ran over like a flick of lightning and took it!! It's solid oak and is so great. I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but now that it's all set up I love it! It even has a little storage drawer underneath the mattress and the mattress has 3 height adjustments so it'll last longer!
Kale's bedding all set up with her little sheep from her Great Aunty Pauline and her bunny from her friend Diane!

The other side of the room... the baby changing station... all ready to go for Jason! The white tube looking thing is called a 'Diaper Genie'... you put all the dirty nappies in there and it seals in the nasty smells... not that Kale's poo will smell!This dark cradle wood was made by Jason's dad.

Now I just have to have a baby to put in the room! I can't wait... it's getting exciting now! Not long to go... oh! No! Not long to go! We are in so much trouble!

2 comments:

jesi haack weddings said...

that is the most perfect color for the room! I love it!

Ken and Sue Kyser said...

Lily's room look fantastic. i absolutely LOVE it. did you paint the flowers to match on the wall? you are brilliant! i know you love it ...and i am sure she will as well! can't wait for her to arrive!!