Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fun at the beach with friends!

When we decided to head back to England, we asked Mum if we could take Kayle down to Swanage for a few days so I could show her around and play with on the beach that I grew up playing on... 

So, Mum helped us to have 2 nights down in Swanage with some friends.  We invited Jason's friends Rik and Seonaid and my best friend Julie and my other best friend Lyndsay and her 2 boys flew over from Cyprus to come with us too because I haven't seen them in a really long time.

We hit the road and headed down there on Wednesday morning and arranged to meet Lyndsay at the Swanage Cottage.

One of the first stops... the beach!  It was where Kayle, Henry and Bertie wanted to go first, so we stopped off there and had fun playing.

There's nothing like digging your toes into the Swanage sand!  My favorite thing to do!

The boys took the kids out on a Peddle-o... a typical Swanage tradition!  Bertie and Kayle were sat on the back with their feet in the water and Kayle even had enough courage to jump in with her Daddy!

The following day we went and jumped on the Steam Train to Corfe Castle.

This was Henry's favorite bit because he absolutely loves Thomas the Tank Engine.

I love my husband!

We finally made it to Corfe Castle and went for a walk.  Next stop was lunch in the pub by the castle.  We have been there lots of times and it's always been lovely, but this time around our experience wasn't so good!  The food wasn't good and then the staff were extremely rude... but, we made the most of our time and had fun!

One more stop before our journey home... Ice cream!

 I'm so glad that Kayle and Henry had fun together!  A new friendship formed!

No comments: