Monday, September 24, 2012

Cali baby!

Jason and I made a decision... our family motto is to Make Memories... so, we have decided to take off to California for a week.  We have 2 weeks till Jason can go back to work, so we have decided to drive down to California to see his sister, then drive with them up to Oregon where we will spend a week with his parents as well just hanging out.

So, I got everything all packed up and ready to go... I made this jumbo sandwich for the journey!

Before we could leave, I had to go and meet with my doctors to have some blood tests and to get a refill on my pills.  Not the best way to start the day, but all went well.

Our drive down to California took us 17 hours, but we made it!  We drove straight through!  We played a game while we were driving... we would read the road names and we would then post on Facebook i we knew someone with that same name as the road.  It passed the time and actually was quite fun to play!

When we got there we stayed the first night at Jesi's house.  She invited me to go to work with her... she had a photo shoot the following morning that she wanted me to go and help her with.  I had the best time... 

We drove up to Huntington Beach the following  morning to meet my very good friend Natalia for breakfast and a walk along the beach.

I was so happy that I got to meet her little boy!  He is such a cutie!  Kayle loved playing with him too!

It was wonderful getting to spend time with Jonah, Mav and River... my nephews and niece.  River has got so big since I last saw her!  I love her so much!  It's crazy... she was born the day I found out that my cancer had come back... she is kind of like a little living hope for the future!

Kayle had a wonderful time with her cousins!

Jonah and Kayle had a great time on the beach!  Kayle doesn't get to go to the beach very much so this was a wonderful experience for her.


We invited our friends to come over for a BBQ so that Kayle could spend some time with them.  They had a blast running around the garden!


Jason had so much fun hanging out with Maverick!

... and River...

It was really nice for me to spend some fun girlie time with my friend Natalia... I love her!  We have so much fun together!

We took the kids to Disneyland while we were in California.  Kayle has been once before but didn't really remember any of it, plus she was young and had forgotten what it was like.  We took the kids on all the rides... ate good food and just had a really fun time!


Kayle had a great time seeing the Princesses.  She got to meet Rapunzel which she was excited about.

We got to go to the new Cars land in Calfornia Adventure.  It was so well put together.  We went on the Cars ride.  It was so fun but Kayle was a little scared.

The following day Jesi and I took Kayle and Jonah out for lunch... they got these cool glasses with their lunch and had so much fun playing with them!

WE met up with some friends for a firepit on the beach... the sunset was amazing.  It was really fun just sitting chatting with them all and catching up.  I miss them!



No comments: