Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Roller Skating Fun

Oh boy... where do I begin...

So... I have a 'List'.  It's a list of fun things that I want to do... and on that 'list' was Roller Skating!  I absolutely loved roller skating down the street as a little girl but have never actually been to a Roller Rink, so on Saturday 26th June, me and my 'girls' hit the local rink for some 80's retro madness!

We all got out our best 80's neon gear, glow sticks, and shutter shades and hit Skate King in Bellevue!  We all rode there together in Sarah's mini bus/ van and had the best laugh!  I made an 80's/ 90's playlist that included the classics... Ace of Base, A-Ha, Bon Jovi, Colour Me Badd... yes, even New Kids on the Block and we sang and danced the whole way there!


I wore my favorite clothes EVER... my New KIds t-shirt and hat from when I was 10 years old! (Thanks Mum for bringing it over with you when you came!)

We ate some yummy dinner before we went in so that we had as much energy as possible to skate like crazy, but then we headed in, got our boots and hit the rink!

 I haven't had that much fun in a very long time and I was so grateful to all my friends for coming and making it so fun! (The husbands/ dad's wanted to come too, but we had to tell them no this time... but I am sure we will do another one very soon!)

Some of the ladies were amazing skaters... 

We had a really fun time and I can't wait for the next thing on the list!

Thanks for making it so fun ladies!!!

No comments: