Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Painting with a 1 year old... NEVER AGAIN!

First of all... here is a SIMPLE tip from one mother to another... DO NOT PAINT WITH A 1 YEAR OLD!
Kayle and I got all organised and ready for upcoming birthday's and got frames that you paint. There was me thinking it would be easy to get Kayle to slap a bit of paint onto the frames and give them as presents... little did I know!
We got all ready to paint...
1. Paper covering the floor... CHECK.
2. Naked Baby... CHECK.
3. Paint all ready in a tub... CHECK.
4. Frames at hand... CHECK.
5. Baby who wants to paint all over the paper and not the frames... CHECK!!

We started off well, we got the pink and red onto Daddy's valentines present abd two birthday presents for various family members but when it came time to add the blue and green, she decided that the paper was WAY more fun and didn't want to touch the frames!
I had to encourage her a little... but that turned into a fight and then she just decided to paint everything except the frames AND paper!
Oh boy... did it get nasty! But we did have fun too!
Needless to say, I will be waiting a little bit longer before I paint again!




No comments: