Wednesday, November 14, 2007

All Clear ahead!

I went for some follow up blood tests on November 13th to make sure that my thyroid gland was functioning properly after the surgery and healing. I had to allow at least 6 weeks after the surgery to give the gland time to adjust to the change of only being half!

I got a phone call the same day which was a little worrying but the call was to tell me that I had the all clear and that my thyroid function was perfectly normal.

That means that I do not have to take any medication and that I can function normally with only half a gland.

The scar is healing nicely although I am still getting some pulling when I swallow and some sharp shooting pains, but that is to be expected for about a year because the surgeon had to cut through a lot of nerve tissue and so now its all trying to heal.

No comments: